Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gratitude "B"

I am grateful for books. I have loved to read ever since preschool. I remember my mom reading "Giant John" to me before bed every night. I can remember reading a book about llamas to my kindergarten class and being so proud of myself when I finished my first chapter book. I remember my mom giving me a copy of "Jurassic Park" when I was in second grade, and I remember crossing out every single curse word. Though I can be quite picky when it comes to books I enjoy, when I do find one that I love, I tend to love it for life. I'm not a particular fan of "series" books, though I have read and adored both the Work and the Glory series and the Twilight series (I have never read the Harry Potter series). My favorites are the classics, mostly introduced to me by my high school AP English teacher, and non-fiction, research-type books.

We have worked to try and instill in Kerrigan a love for books as well. Her bookshelf is almost as full as mine is, and she will love you forever if you would sit and read a book with her. I only hope that it lasts her entire life and doesn't fade when she gets into school and reading becomes mandatory. I hope that she learns to love to read for the pure sake of reading.



My husband tells me I have too many books. It's only a bookcase and a half...there's plenty of room for many more!!

No comments: